Great Waldingfield is a perfect base to explore Suffolk and Essex.
While we are new to Great Waldingfield we only moved from nearby Sudbury so we have a wealth of local knowledge at your disposal.
We have detailed below a selection of attractions within a short drive from us and we are more than happy to help and make suggestions so you can get the most out of your stay.
- Gainsborough’s House - The museum and Gallery at the birthplace of Thomas Gainsborough.
- Kentwell Hall - Visit the Hall, extensive gardens and rare breeds farm.
- Melford Hall - Visit the house and gardens
- Suffolk Farmers’ Markets - Taking place once a month in Lavenham, Long Melford and Sudbury
- Long Melford - For the antique shops, galleries, tea rooms and pubs
- Lavenham - Regarded as England’s finest medieval village and food capital of Suffolk! Take in the Guildhall, be wowed by the half timbered medieval cottages, have a browse in the galleries and you will find plenty of places to eat and drink
- River Stour Boat Trips - Departing from Sudbury take a boat trip on the river Stour stopping for lunch
- Bury St Edmonds - Plenty on offer from the Cathedral and Abbey gardens, to shopping and a tour of the Green King Brewery
- Dedham and Flatford - Explore Constable country
- Newmarket - For the races
- Aldeburgh - A wonderful mix of fun, music and drama, fine eating and drinking, sailing and shopping
- Southwold - Take in the sea air, working light house, colourful beach huts and award winning pier